I love me some Sunday Funday! Mainly because it rhymes with ‘funday’ and for no other particular reason. I just love things that rhyme.
1. Home of the best stone oven pizza in Vancouver (in my honest opinion), Nicli Antica Pizzeria is white and immaculate.
2. Even their ice cubes are perf. Boylan sodas are made with cane sugar, so we suppose they are healthy ish. I recommend their birch beer or red creamy birch beer–a less sugary ode to root beer x cream soda.
3. Misto salads x warm olives — Sweet baby Jesus, I hate olives so much.
4. Sexy corners of their margherita, prosciutto, and secret pizza. I didn’t tell you here, but their secret pizza is at the back of the menu and is soooo good. It’s the right kind of spicy, with perfectly cooked slices of mushroom and artichoke.
5. Their affagado is life itself. Espressos are simply incomplete creatures without a dollop of vanilla bean gelato.
6. Glenburn Soda Fountain & Confectionary’s banana split x vanilla malt shake. Try anything with their homemade pineapple sauce, and anything covered in their toasted salted walnuts. You will die. You will die and come back to finish the rest of your ice cream.
I literally dream of the aforementioned substances. Plus, Glenburn is family-owned and offer the adorable novelty that are old-school paper straws.
I have a One Direction Erection–the huge, throbbing, and pulsating with passion kind. (A One Direction Infection is for the little ones.. big girls get the 1D Erection.)
I’m not going to go into the nitty gritty details of my fangirl obsession because 1) it’s annoying 2) it’s only slightly embarrassing that I stalked a group of five boys the same age as my brother 3) it would probably be the longest post of my life.
The concert was AMAZE. I have been to a handful of concerts, but it’s never been an artist I absolutely LOVE. Y’all already know I know 99.5% of their songs, and to be able to sing those songs in unison with a stadium chock full of people is BEYOND the beyond.
I can only imagine how it feels for them to stare back at the audience, listening to them sing along to every word they sing back..
These are my beautiful friends who came with. After watching me be near tears when I was without a ticket, and THEN seeing my full fangirl form before/during/after the concert–I am SO grateful (and astonished) they are still my friends. I was pretty much going through a multi-level meltdown the entire time the band was in the same city as me.
I’ve had so much backlash for being a fan of a Top 40’s boyband, but freal–sit down with me and I will tell you whatsup with One Direction…
Also they were giving out ice cream after the concert–it’s like they KNEW I was coming.
I may or may not have been double-fisting free ice cream.
And obvi, if you are friends with me, we got drunk after the concert and met a bunch of crazy people. We ended up rubbing this huge brown guy’s belly, meeting someone named Atilla [The Hun], and utilizing the Boris Theory for the first time. Um.. also, this guy introduced himself to me as Asshole, and said he’d give us his mardi gras beads if we flashed him–I am hoping (but not really) that he did not get beat up that night.
This is us post-bellyrubbing, but pre-dancing with two gay roommates.
And here is my fav member of the band being cute AF:
I’d like to think that Niall’s smile during his acoustic solo in “Little Things” was indeed in response to my “I LOVE YOU NIALL! MARRY ME!”
I should add that I wrote a paper on One Direction for one of my classes. And BOOM goes the dynamite, because I got an A-! One Direction always wins, y’all.
California Republic sweatshirt – tourist shop at Universal CityWalk; jeggings – H&M; sneaker wedges – Amazon.com; cobblestone – Gastown in Vancouver, BC
If there was such thing as a ride-or-die outfit, this would be it. This is my no-bra, exam season, comfy but not an all-grey-everything sweatsuit ‘fit. My not as grey all-grey-everything..