2013 was tanned to a buttery kind of caramel-kissed skin, took on some great and some dirty hair, was situated under the fluffiest and most nearly-in-your-reach clouds, was all about Niall Horn, smelled like pineapple and salt water, was filled with the tastiest ish (but every year is about good food in my life), considered IHOP mornings/struggles to get up, felt like beach hair and sandy toes, introduced me to Sewing 101 where I failed miserably, had copious amounts of iced coffee, paved the way for Loofah Adventures, contained $3 wine, promoted bike lane usage, involved alcohol abuse, watched the sky move in the back of a pick-up truck, required doublé espresso shots, saw people come and saw people go, was dusted off with gold glitter and silver strings, floated on a several bodies of water, did not result in getting mugged in Stanley Park at night–although we did some things that might’ve triggered it, sipped on san gri gri with our heads tilted back, set one timid foot into the wilderness, fell in love with people in the nonromantic kind of way, had painted skies glowing above our heads, spoiled us with the most breathtaking of sights, offered lots of [undercover] marzipan, and was actually just chillin’ in a onesie this entire time…
2014 is hopefully going to be Belgium chocolate-dipped, doused clumsily in a cup of café au lait, hit with a paddle in a German beer hall, will stumble over ancient cobblestone in very cute shoes, will contain more One Direction (I am banking on the fantasy of running into Niall Horan hard–it’ll be in a pub in Ireland before he embarks on another great North American tour), is drenched in chili-infused extra virgin olive oil, and tastes the way only pizza tastes after every other establishment on the street is closed.
The best has yet to come! I am stoked for more beautiful things to come within the next year. If 2013 has taught me anything, is that I am incredibly lucky and incredibly annoying. I am lucky to have really amazing and beautiful friends–and it’s an honour to have been able to celebrate several milestones with all of them this year.
Tank top — TNA; chambray button-up — Calvin Klein; destroyed denim shorts — Forever 21; shoes — Converse; purse — vintage Gucci; sunnies — the men’s section @ Nordstrom
No pants and barely a top for the hot weather. The chambray button-up in case it gets chilly. Converse chucks for enough comfort to walk around downtown Vancouver all day. Sunnies so I can get away with people watching. 1984 in my purse for reading in front of city skyline. Starbs iced coffee to keep everything on point..
I honestly think I live for leisure.. as bad as that sounds. I’m finally done summer school (cue an audible ugh) and being a newly freed academic slave, I planned a full day of do-as-I-please. Had a fondue date with friends, sauntered around Coal Harbour with a friend and iced coffee in hand, and ended the day on my own at Harbour Green Park with some George Orwell.. was seriously so relaxed, and somewhat heat exhausted.
Vancouver is just so damn aesthetic in the summertime..
– The forbidden dress
– *In an australian accent* “I’m from Sydney—Melbourne, Sydney. And he’s my best mate,” “Nobody cares.”
– ”You can’t talk to us unless you can dance like Beyonce.”
“I’m gonna go now..”
– The monkey-in-a-tree hat
– Vannie standing with her legs apart for stability because I kept booty poppin’ into her
– The ledge—“I was watching you dance on the ledge and was thinking.. If she falls, she’s going to fall into the VIP then onto the floor under the table.”
– Sab’s hand
– The Australians
– “You go ahead and giggle your way through life!”
“That’s exactly what I’ve done.”
– “So I see your friend is gay.”
– “Can i please hold your left hand?”
“Oh my God, what is his hand doing out? Is he doing a magic trick?”
– When that Australian guy actually tried dancing like Beyonce..
– So much rum
– “I was ten and my glasses flew off, and I was blind for the rest of our trip so I’m never going on it ever again.”
“There’s a sign that says no glasses allowed, Vannie.” — about the roller coaster on top of New York, New York
– “You girls are just vain.”
“IF WE WERE VAIN WE WOULD NOT BE TALKING TO YOU. THIS IS US BEING FRIENDLY”
– “Do you have a table? My feet hurt,” — Vannie to a completely random stranger at Pure
– Dancing our ASSES off @ Tao
– The Champagne Incident
– Talking about Diplo: “That’s the kind of sexy white boy we need to find you,”
– Sab and I talking shit. Just so much unnecessary shit.
– Wanting to leave Pure to have our lesbian bubble bath
– The American girl’s birthday
– Riding the roller coaster on New York, New York, thinking it was kiddie shit, but really we started crying.
– Overflowing the jacuzzi tub with bubbles and water, drenching our entire washroom, and proceeding to have a bubble fight in the hotel room.
– “Is this a private table?”
*he sits down anyways*
– Serendipity’s frozen hot chocolate is the BOMB diggity
– “Oh, there she is. That’s the one. That’s nice, that’s niiiiice.”
– “Girl where you from? I know where you from.. you from HEAVEN.”
– “Girl what’s yo name? Is yo name TASTY?”
– “You girls are gorgeous.”
“What did she say?”
“She said no?”
– The Ivy League school boys
– “Haaapppy birthday!”
“Thanks… Here’s your shot.”
– Blueberry vodka
– “Have a shot!”
“No. I puked in my own drink last night, I think I’m ok.”
– Puking patron in my own drink and setting it down casually at the bar
– Singing “I got patron in my cup cause I puked it up!”
– WHERE ARE ALL THE SEXY PEOPLE?
– “Are you white?”
“Excuse me? Did you just ask me if I was white?”
“Yeah, and I bet you’re Jewish too”
“I AM jewish!”
– Vannie talking to a drug launderer and me screaming “NOOOOO” so loud, Sab had to cover my mouth
– Vannie and “older” men
– Yes, we’re actually Charlie’s Angels but an all Asian version and we’re here to fight crime…
– About to get into the shoe at Cosmo, casino dealer walks over and says “Girls… Get yo ass in that shoe and lets take a picture!”
– Drew Zilla
– Me kissing every female at Tao
– “All we did was listen to house music and One Direction because of Kaylynn.”
– “Yeah, he has no friends.”
2 nights later..
“He’s 5 people behind us.”
“With no friends.”
– Dinner and Cirque du Soleil
– the Diamond Lounge
– “His name is Jesus Ortiz!”
“That’s probably a fake name. I mean, look at you. You just said ‘Oh my God, his name is Jesus Ortiz.’ “ — and that night, Jesus Ortiz showed me his ID, proving that his name is indeed Jesus Ortiz.
– Jesus Ortiz is actually the nicest man ever
– *smiling* “What did he say?” “I have no idea” — this every night
– Almost missing our flight because we were playing slots @ the airport. Got yelled at by the guy who lets people on at the gate. We are obviously future Diamond cardholders
– Dragging 5 gallons of water from Walgreens back to our hotel
– Ashley, Serena, and Anna
– Vannie objectifying men who objectify us:
“HEY! YOU’RE CHINESE. YOU’RE HOT”
“HEY, YOU’RE WHITE AND I KINDA WANT SEE YOUR SIX PACK BUT I DON’T KNOW IF YOU HAVE ONE”
– “Oh my God, like look at her dress, she didn’t even cut those strappy thing you use to hang it on store hangers,” — us talking shit, who do we think we are?
– “If he looked that sexy last night, and this ugly in real light.. I don’t even want to know how we look.”
– Pink’s chilli cheese dogs are life itself
– Hating the MGM Grand just sooooo much. Sooo much
– Stealing M&M’s from the M&M Factory because it’s a conspiracy
– “Evening, y’all!” — Southern accents are the best.